Subscribe in a reader

Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas of the New Earth

Each year Christmas seems to become more "material". More and more people seem to forget about kindness and giving during this season.

It goes without saying that for the New Earth to manifest this needs to stop.

I came across a "Letter to Santa" that I found very interesting....

"Give Christmas back to Jesus!"

Dear Santa,

I'm writing to ask you to skip Christmas this year. It's not your fault, you know. It's ours. We've really messed things up. It seems to me that all we want is more. More than what we had last year, more than what our neighbor has and sadly more than we deserve.

I realized that, when I went to my local Wal-Mart to select a name from the giving tree. You choose a card with a child's name on it and fulfill their gift request. It's a good idea but a sad fact that the numbers grow greater each year. With just a few days left I was shocked to see how many cards still remained. But I discovered why.

Every single card left there had requests for items that were at least $75.00 or more. Even in the hundreds. Video games, handheld electronics and stereos were among them. It's not their fault, you know. It's ours.

Then last night with "Oh, Holy Night" and "White Christmas" playing in the background, I read the headlines about war. They are determined to kill, both sides declared, and the numbers will be high. "It is the only answer," they say.

It's not their fault, you know. It's mine. I thought love was the answer.

Sadly, the divorce announcements in the paper were longer than usual. That means they'll be fighting over who gets the kids this holiday. You know who loses that battle.

It's not their fault, you know. It's ours.

Santa, you've simply taken over Christmas and it's time to give it back.

We couldn't be happy with the fact that the real reason for this celebration is the birth of Jesus Christ.

We couldn't even be happy with the legend of a saintly man who loved children. We had to commercialize it and turn Saint Nicholas into Santa.

It's not your fault, you know. It's ours.

So it's time, my friend. Let's do the right thing. Make a big announcement that you're giving just one gift this year by giving Christmas back to Jesus.

But it wasn't your fault, you know. It's ours. We thought more was the answer.

Author: Bob Perks

As we approach the New Earth, I encourage you to think about this during the Holiday Season...

No comments:

 

Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner